Sunday, June 12, 2011

Friday, June 10... no more rain!

The first sunny day since all the storms we had this past week! yay! I had a midterm in class, which went well (I think)...got out of class early and met Caroline Melo for lunch! We hadn't seen each other yet, and I'm so glad that we finally made it work. On our way to lunch we ran into Skip Moran's Europe trip of HP seniors! It was unreal... I saw 4 cute girls, two being Story Slaughter and Kate Arveson. So much fun! I can't believe we ran into them!

After lunch, we met up with Jennifer Jordan, Jessica Wendell, and Merritt Owen at the Pitti Palace to go to the Boboli Gardens. These are the gardens behind the palace where the Medici's lived during their reign over Florence. Some other girls in their program met us there as well. We ended up going to different gardens of the Medici's because the Boboli gardens were closed sue to some damage from all the storms. The gardens that we went to were beautiful though! We were able to see the entire city as we walked up the hills. I'm so glad that I was able to meet up with these Texas friends!

Later, I met up with Meredith, Sarah Beth McDonald, and Catherine Dennis! SB and Catherine came in town from Spain for a visit. It was so fun! I met them while shopping around, which was great since I hadn't really shopped much yet. We went in and out of vintage stores, antiques stores, stationary stores etc. I ended up buying a really cool light brown leather purse... I LOVE IT! I actually thought it was something that my friend, Claire Smith (shout out to her) would like, so I was inspired to be like her and get it!

After shopping, we met up with Phoebe and Hilary at Dante's (where else would we go?!) for dinner. The hostess recognized us from the night before and greeted us with kisses and a great table! We are officially regulars! I'm so excited about our accomplishment! Another good dinner there and then gelato- of course. Phoebe and Hilary went home, but the rest of us walked around town, where we ran into more familiar faces unexpectedly! We were walking around the Duomo, when saw a guy with some people I didn't know but was convinced that it was him... and it sure was! Trey Carlock! What?! I hadn't seen him in over a year and was definitely not expecting to see him in Florence, Italy. Meredith and I couldn't believe it. Shortly after running into him, Sarah Beth saw the Alamo Heights senior trip. The world literally shrunk in one day when we ran into all these people from different times of life. To make it even smaller, some of these seniors are coming to Texas and rooming with HP kids that I know next year.. I couldn't help but laugh when we figured all this out!


Anyways, those are pretty much all the highlights of Friday....

Oh, my professor is the sweetest woman. She's crazy, but so sweet. I asked her about where to get a new camera after the exam, and immediately gave me her cell phone number and offered to give me a ride and help me purchase a new one whenever I need to go. I am so thankful for her and this program! They really take care of you no matter the circumstance.


                                At the gardens with friends from UT... such a fun afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment