Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday, June 6

Pretty day today after it stormed ALL DAY yesterday- with some hail mixed in too..
Some friends from Texas and from home made it here and i'm so excited to get to see them soon!

School started back up today and we got to taste some more cheese in class! The interesting thing about Italy is how regionally they eat here. We tasted 6 varieties Picorino cheeses from different regions, and they all tasted completely different from each other. Even though the procedure to make this cheese is the same, the soil and grass that the sheep feed on is different depending on the season and region, causing the cheese to vary dramatically. How cool is that! Tomorrow we are going to a fresh pasta factory to see how pasta is made an even get to taste some. I can't wait!

After class I found the University of Florence's biblioteca (library), where there is a coffee shop that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a cappuccino, which is my new addiction, and you get to sit down with no extra charge. That's what they do here in Italy- charge you more for coffee if you sit to drink it, and depending on where you sit, it gets to be more expensive... They think of it as paying for your view. I think it's pretty lame. Anyways, I found a nice table outside and got to see the Duomo and a prety Magnolia tree,which was so pretty. Made my day as I caught up on reading and journaling.

Mere and I are getting ready to head to our favorite restaurant yet again... hope they recognize us this time! How fun would it be to become "regulars"?? haha I hope it happens!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment